The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) is responsible for the design and construction of Honolulu’s rail transit system. It is the largest infrastructure project in Hawaii and is the nation’s first fully-automated commuter rail system. It is an exciting time to be at HART, as the first half of the rail system recently opened to the public. Considerable work is in progress to extend the system past the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport to downtown Honolulu.
HART seeks a dedicated self-starter, who will perform records management assignments of moderate difficulty, to support all processes and systems, of the project management plan, for controlled documents and information management.
- Time Off – Employees earn up to 21 days per year for both vacation and sick leave.
- Holidays – 13 days a year; 14 days during election years.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision Care – Various health insurance plans are available, with the opportunity to elect a deduction of the premium, from your pay, before taxes.
- Group Life Insurance – No cost for eligible employees.
- Deferred Compensation Plan – Invest in your future and elect to defer part of your pre-tax income until retirement.
- Retirement Plan – Contributions for all new employees are deducted from their paycheck toward their retirement plan.
- Commuter Choice Pre-Tax Benefits – Employees may designate, as a pre-tax item, a monthly City parking fee or mass-transit alternatives that includes LOTMA and VanPool Hawaii. The cost for additional mass-transit alternatives such as a ride on TheBus or Skyline, the rail system, are complimentary benefits at HART.
- Training and Development – Numerous opportunities are available through City-sponsored training programs and training reimbursement policy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain project software for tracking correspondence, drawings, electronic files, controlled documents, and action items, including data entry, report preparation and quality check of data.
- Coordinate the distribution of incoming correspondence, submittals, requests for information, and the controlled release of baseline and contract documents.
- Compile and organize materials, data, and information for agency mailings, reports and other special project assignments.
- Respond to requests for documents from contractors, vendors, and internal stakeholders to issue and transmit requested documents.
- Generate reports on the performance of Document Controls projects for appropriate management.
- A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with specialization in business or public administration, political science, history, or a related field.
- One year of records management analysis experience.
In addition to the minimum requirements listed above:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Advanced knowledge of computer technology.
- Experience with Oracle Primavera Unifier.
- Knowledge of electronic publishing and experience in various file formats, graphics and many different software programs.
- Construction project management experience.
Schedule and Location
The work of this position is conducted in the HART offices (no telecommuting allowed) during typical 8-hour shifts.
$52,068- $60,912 annually
- In addition to a resume, this position requires an Employment Application to be submitted.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs.
- This position is not eligible for tele-working.