The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART), a semi-autonomous agency of the City and County of Honolulu, is responsible for the design and construction of Hawaii’s largest infrastructure project and the nation’s first fully-automated rail transit system. Considerable work is in progress to extend the system past the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport and into downtown Honolulu, representing an 18.9-mile fixed-guideway rail system with 19 stations. It is an exciting time to be at HART, as the first segment of the rail system recently opened to the public.
HART is seeking a candidate to join the Design and Construction Team to provide independent oversight and project management for the creation of land surveying and engineering maps, legal descriptions, Department of Planning and Permitting (DPP) and Land Court subdivision application processes, field surveying within scope, and scheduling and budget for the entire Honolulu Rapid Transit Project. The Project Manager I will perform work in close coordination with Design Project Managers, Construction Resident Engineers, Right-of-Way staff and their consultants, and perform compliance reviews on engineering designs for surveying maps.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees contract management and verifies that work is performed in accordance with the contract and properly invoiced. Exercises discretion and independent judgement in regards to contract management.
- Interprets and analyzes technical information, including construction documents, third party agreements, design specifications, cost estimates, and reports. Ensures compliance with project requirements, federal, state, and local laws, building codes and regulations.
- Prepares correspondence, technical reports, and testimony for the assigned project and, as directed, for other projects.
- Effectively collaborates, coordinates, and interfaces with external and internal agencies and entities to insure the project progresses as expected and meets schedule requirements.
- Prioritizes mapping tasks, to complete as required, for Construction, Right of Way and third parties to meet project schedules efficiently.
- Analyzes technical difficulties, identifies alternative creative solutions, projects consequences of proposed actions, and recommends course of action. As directed, implements recommendations in support of project goals and mitigates risk.
- Performs quality assurance/quality control for the assigned project.
- Monitors project deliverables and timelines, notifies the proper parties when issues arise, and takes corrective actions, as needed.
- Organizes and facilitates multidisciplinary project-related meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of supporting materials. Communicates effectively with construction resident engineers, design engineers, architects, Right of Way and their consultants, Corporation Counsel, and others who are involved in the Right of Way and construction process.
- Investigates and makes recommendations to resolve non-conformance difficulties related to the assigned project, and coordinates alternative solution developments.
- Conducts construction site visits and audit operations, as needed
- Performs additional duties as assigned and appropriate for this level and class position.
- A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major work in Civil, Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering and/or Architecture; and
- Four years of non-registered Professional Civil Engineering or Architectural experience.
HART is a part of the City and County of Honolulu, and its employees receive the full range of comprehensive benefits package, as provided by the City, and includes:
- Time Off – Employees earn up to 21 days per year for both vacation and sick leave.
- Holidays – 13 days per year and 14 days per year during an election.
- Health plans – Includes medical, prescription drug, vision, and dental benefits.
- Retirement and deferred compensation plans.
- Group life insurance.
- Flexible spending benefits plan.
- Training and development through City-sponsored training.
- Employee assistance program.
- Pre-tax benefit on transportation expenses.
Work Schedule and Location
- Monday – Friday, 8-hour shift.
- The work for this position is conducted in the HART offices, located in Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. No telecommuting is allowed.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs. Must be able to reliably commute or relocate by first day of employment.
$68,556.00- $97,560.00 annually