The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART), a semi-autonomous agency of the City and County of Honolulu, is responsible for the design and construction of Hawaii’s largest infrastructure project and the nation’s first fully-automated rail transit system. Considerable work is in progress to extend the system past the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport and into downtown Honolulu, representing an 18.9-mile fixed-guideway rail system with 19 stations. It is an exciting time to be at HART, as the first segment of the rail system recently opened to the public.
HART is seeking a candidate to join the Quality Assurance and Quality Controls Team in implementing the Configuration Management (CMP) and Quality Management Plan (QMP) for the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART). The Configuration and Asset Manager (CAM) will be involved in implementing, maintaining and ensuring compliance with Federal Transit Administration (FTA) mandated Project and Construction Management guidelines. The subject CAM position will provide substantive professional, technical and leadership assistance to the Director of Quality Assurance (DQA) in prescribing, applying, and assessing compliance with configuration, asset, quality and contract requirements, with special attention to those which require configuration control expertise.
Get on board with HART if you are looking for a challenging opportunity in a professional and fast-paced environment!
HART is a part of the City and County of Honolulu, and its employees receive the full range of comprehensive benefits package, as provided by the City, and includes:
- Time Off – Employees earn up to 21 days per year for both vacation and sick leave.
- Holidays – 13 days per year and 14 days per year during an election.
- Health plans – Includes medical, prescription drug, vision, and dental benefits.
- Retirement and deferred compensation plans.
- Group life insurance.
- Flexible spending benefits plan.
- Training and development through City-sponsored training.
- Employee assistance program.
- Pre-tax benefit on transportation expenses.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for confirming the functional and physical characteristics of fixed facilities, equipment, vehicles, and systems are identified and documented, and any changes are properly evaluated and authorized, and align with government regulatory requirements within the CMP and QMP.
- Track, monitor, and ensure that all information / data necessary to manage capital assets is kept current and accurate, properly structured for users’ needs, and readily available and in accordance with FTA requirements.
- Develop requirements, flow down and monitor the performance of the configuration management and asset operating plans & procedures in support of the HART long-range goals and objectives.
- Participate and support in the preparation of contract provisions for future contract solicitations and reviews the provisions as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Oversees the design, documentation, and implementation of departmental business strategies, approaches, processes, work practices, management tools, and technologies related to the design and installation of assets.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related field of study; and/or 10+ years of project management experience on large transportation infrastructure projects.
- Certified Configuration Manager and/or 5+ years verifiable experience as a Configuration or Project Manager on high volume construction project(s).
- At least one year of demonstrated use of root cause corrective action, systematic problem solving, or related problem solving experience.
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Work Schedule and Location
- Monday – Friday, 8-hour shift.
- The work for this position is conducted in the HART offices, located in Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. No telecommuting is allowed.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs. Must be able to reliably commute or relocate by first day of employment.
$83,388.00- $93,840.00 annually