If you browse through the HART website portal to read Web pages or download information, HART will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. Your Web browser software transmits most of this information to us. However, this information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the HART website portal. The HART software can then map these IP addresses into Internet domain names, for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the HART website portal;
- The date and time you access the HART website portal;
- The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other documents you download, such as PDF (Portable Document Format) files and word processing documents; and
- If you were referred to the HART website portal from another Website, the HART captures the address of the referring Web site.
The HART uses this information to make the web system more useful to visitors – to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology visitors use. We do not use information to track or record information about individuals and their visits.
What information does the Honolulu Rail Transit Project website collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or utilize out our Contact Us form for an inquiry or comment.
When registering or filling out a form on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, or phone number. In most cases, the information is important for us to follow up with you for inquiries or comments made on the site or via requests sent to info@HonoluluTransit.org.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one (or more) of the following ways:
- To measure website traffic resources and usability that may affect or determine function ability of the website
- To personalize your experience and help us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website based on the information and/or feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service to more effectively respond to requests and support needs
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails or eBlast updates to provide you with updated information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. We capture your email information when you submit your email address to our newsletter subscription system. Please note that, if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an unsubscribe link with detailed instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information on our website via our secured server.
Yes, the Honolulu Rail Transit Website utilizes “cookies,” which are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). It enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or other’s rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
In keeping with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, children under 13 years of age must have permission from a Parent or Legal Guardian before providing personal information as described above. The Honolulu Rail Transit Project will not knowingly receive personal information from children under 13 years of age who have not received prior Parental Consent.
When Parental Consent has been obtained, the Honolulu Rail Transit Project will receive and use personal information from children as described on this page.
Any personal information from a child stored by the Honolulu Rail Transit Project will be deleted upon written request from the child’s Parent or Legal Guardian.
Deletion requests should be addressed to:
Honolulu Rail Transit Project Website
1099 Alakea Street, Suite 1700
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.HonoluluTransit.org
In addition, by using the Honolulu Rail Transit Project’s website, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Honolulu Rail Transit Project, the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation, the City and County of Honolulu, and its officers, directors, agents, contractors, and employees from and against any and all demands, claims, and damages to persons or property, losses and liabilities, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or caused by the use of this website or its associated online social media sites, RSS feeds, or electronic communication tools.
Contacting the Honolulu Rail Transit Project
Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation
1099 Alakea Street, Suite 1700
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813