The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART), a semi-autonomous agency of the City and County of Honolulu, is responsible for the design and construction of Hawaii’s largest infrastructure project and the nation’s first fully-automated rail transit system. Considerable work is in progress to extend the system past the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport and into downtown Honolulu, representing an 18.9 mile automated fixed-guideway rail system with 19 stations. It is an exciting time to be at HART, as the first segment of the rail system recently opened to the public.
This position is a key member of the engineering team whose purpose is to assure that the scope, schedule and budget for the assigned project are met at acceptable risk, quality, safety and security levels. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the position works with other senior engineers to conduct oversight and project management in the design and construction of one or more aspects of an assigned project. Participation in a variety of complex projects, where responsibility for supervision or coordination is pronounced, with a substantial degree of engineering judgment, will be experienced.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare scope of work, specifications, and other technical requirements, for the procurement of design and construction services, on a project with diverse technical disciplines.
- Perform value engineering, alternative analyses, and other studies to optimize the project and the notification of critical project decisions.
- Interpret and analyze technical information, including construction documents, third party agreements, design specifications, cost estimates, and reports.
- Ensure compliance with project requirements, including federal, state, and local building codes and regulations.
- Present reports to internal and external stakeholders to facilitate decisions on technical matters, change orders, procurement, and other related topics.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering. Education obtained outside of the United States must be comparable to a degree earned at a regionally-accredited college or university in the United States.
- Possess current State of Hawaii registration as a professional Civil Engineer. Applicants with a current out-of-state professional civil engineer license must obtain their State of Hawaii license prior to employment.
- At least five years of non-registered professional civil engineering experience, which includes project management and design and construction involvement, in one or more aspects of a project.
This position is entitled to a comprehensive benefits package as provided by the City and County of Honolulu, including:
- Vacation – employees may earn 21 days per year, plus 13 holidays per year. Sick leave is also provided.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
Schedule and Location
The work of this position is conducted in the HART offices (no telecommuting allowed) during typical 8-hour shifts.
$74,124.00 – $93,840.00 annually
- In addition to a resume, this position requires an Employment Application to be submitted.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs
- This position is not eligible for tele-working