The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) is currently seeking a candidate to join the organization as a Procurement and Contracts Manager. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Procurement and Contract Administration, the Procurement and Contracts Manager plans, conducts, reviews, processes, and executes pre-solicitation notices and procurement contracts including, but not limited to small purchase, consultant, professional services, utility, third party, and design and construction.
HART is responsible for the design and construction of Honolulu’s rail transit system. This is the largest infrastructure project in the State and is the nation’s first fully-automated commuter rail system. The environment is exciting, professional, and fast-paced.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day procurement and contract management support that includes responding to inquiries, identifying issues of non-compliance or other concerns, and drafting follow-up correspondence.
- Develops solicitation packages that are compliant with Federal and State statutes, regulations, policies, and other requirements, to achieve the intended project objective.
- Receives, secures, and records bids and proposals and assists with conducting the public opening of bids.
- Performs training for members of the evaluation and review committee.
- Reviews all necessary documentation to complete a Contract Change Order or Amendment.
- Analyzes invoices for contractual accuracy and recommends payment amounts.
- Interfaces with other HART department staff, in support of the project managers, to prepare documents for presentation to the Change Control Committee, HART executive management, and HART Board, as necessary.
- Coordinates with corporation counsel on matters requiring legal review.
- Audits contract procedures and responses to auditor inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, engineering, construction or related field. Substantive relevant work experience may substitute for formal education.
- Minimum of three (3) years applicable work experience that demonstrates substantive knowledge and understanding of procurement, design and construction, professional services, utilities, third party, and/or contract administration.
This position is entitled to a comprehensive benefits package as provided by the City and County of Honolulu, including:
- Vacation – employees may earn 21 days per year, plus 13 holidays per year. Sick leave is also provided.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
Location and Schedule
Work for this position is conducted in HART’s offices. The typical work day is Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- In addition to a resume, this position requires an Employment Application to be submitted. Click on “Apply Now” to access the Employment Application.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs.
- This position is not eligible for teleworking.