The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART), a semi-autonomous agency of the City and County of Honolulu, is responsible for the design and construction of Hawaii’s largest infrastructure project and the nation’s first fully-automated rail transit system. Considerable work is in progress to extend the system past the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport and into downtown Honolulu, representing an 18.9-mile fixed-guideway rail system with 19 stations. It is an exciting time to be at HART, as the first segment of the rail system recently opened to the public.
Under direction of the Deputy of Quality Assurance and Quality Control, this position is responsible for implementation of the data analytics program to include establishing advanced metrics, key performance indicators (KPI’s), and analytical dashboards. The ideal candidate must be able to elicit and translate organizational needs into technical solutions, and function as an end user success advocate, for the organization, by dedicating efforts toward improving the availability of data and information.
Get on board with HART if you are looking for a challenging opportunity in a professional and fast-paced environment!
HART is a part of the City and County of Honolulu, and its employees receive the full range of comprehensive benefits package, as provided by the City, and includes:
- Time Off – Employees earn up to 21 days per year for both vacation and sick leave.
- Holidays – 13 days per year and 14 days per year during an election.
- Health plans – Includes medical, prescription drug, vision, and dental benefits.
- Retirement and deferred compensation plans.
- Group life insurance.
- Flexible spending benefits plan.
- Training and development through City-sponsored training.
- Employee assistance program.
- Pre-tax benefit on transportation expenses.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Recognize visualization needs of end users and coordinate with teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Establish processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Gather model performance and communicate feedback from stakeholders to improve reporting.
- Develop, monitor, and analyze KPI’s, and reporting outcomes, to identify opportunities for process or efficiency improvements.
- Conduct impact analyses and assess change readiness that is appropriate for stakeholder audience.
- Learn construction processes, including the understanding of challenges in business-reporting solutions.
- Education and Experience – A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from a regionally-accredited four-year college or university with major work in computer science, public or business administration, accounting mathematics or a related field, and one year of experience in the analysis of operating practices, methods of procedures, some of which shall have involved the conduct of feasibility studies and the analysis and design of systems for the electronic processing of data.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public administration, organization and management; data processing systems analysis, design and development; office systems and procedures; the operation, characteristics and capabilities of various types of electronic data processing equipment; research and statistical methods of techniques.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate facts, and make sound judgments thereon; determine feasibility of converting various manual work processes to machine operations; analyze and apply machine capabilities to data processing operations; review organizational structures, work flow, and operating procedures and processes an integrate findings for data processing purposes; prepare clear and concise reports and program guidelines
- Familiarity with construction processes, Oracle Construction Intelligence Cloud Service, and project management software such as Atlassian Jira are desired.
Work Schedule and Location
- Monday – Friday, 8-hour shift.
- The work for this position is conducted in the HART offices, located in Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. No telecommuting is allowed.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs. Must be able to reliably commute or relocate by first day of employment.
$56,280.00 – $80,184.00 annually