The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) Board of Directors is seeking applicants for the ninth voting member position on the Board for the term July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2028; the ninth voting member will be selected by the other eight voting members.
The HART Board of Directors, which was established by the City Charter on July 1, 2011, is responsible for establishing policies pertaining to the development of the rail transit system. Candidates will be considered on the following criteria:
- Desired areas of expertise: The Board will consider the make-up of the current Board, including the six appointed members, in determining desired areas of expertise. Suggested areas include (1) construction and related costs, (2) land use, (3) rail transit system construction and operations, (4) finance, and/or (5) procurement.
- Character and integrity: The Board will seek to ensure that the candidate or candidates are of the highest character and integrity, and who are deserving of the public trust. Backgrounds of all candidates will be carefully reviewed for conflicts of interest. Candidates must be willing to adhere to the Standards of Conduct set forth in the Revised Charter, as well as the Board’s Ethics Policy.
- Time Commitment: The Board will ensure that candidates are able and willing to make the significant time commitment that all Board members have made, serving on committees and attending meetings.
- Diversity: The Board will strive for diverse representation on the Board.
- References: Candidates shall submit a cover letter, application, resume, and references in the application for the ninth voting member position.
- Interview: Three final candidates selected will be invited to be interviewed by the Board.
- Public Input: The public will be provided the opportunity to provide input on the three final candidates, as well as their application materials.
Applicants must submit the HART Board Applicant Form, along with a cover letter, resume, and references via email by April 19, 2023, at 4:30 pm (Hawaii Standard Time) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the position and application process, please email email@example.com.
Materials can also be mailed to: HART Board Executive Officer, 1099 Alakea Street, Suite 1700, Honolulu, HI, 96813, and must be postmarked by April 17, 2023. All applicants must include their current mailing address and a daytime telephone number.