HONOLULU – The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) Board of Directors is seeking applicants to fill a vacancy on the Board for a term that expires June 30, 2023. Applicants must be registered voters in the City and County of Honolulu.
The HART Board of Directors, which was established by the City Charter on July 1, 2011, is responsible for establishing policies pertaining to the development of the rail transit system. A permitted interaction group has been formed by the Board to investigate and recommend a candidate or candidates to fill the vacancy. Candidates will be considered on the following criteria:
- Desired areas of expertise: The Group will consider the make‐up of the current Board, including the six appointed members, in determining desired areas of expertise. Suggested areas include (1) construction and related costs, (2) land use, (3) rail transit system construction and operations, (4) finance, and/or (5) procurement.
- Character and integrity: The Group will seek to ensure that the candidate or candidates are of the highest character and integrity, and who are deserving of the public trust. Backgrounds of all candidates will be carefully reviewed for conflicts of interest. Candidates must be willing to adhere to the Standards of Conduct set forth in the Revised Charter, as well as the Board’s Ethics Policy.
- Time Commitment: The Group will ensure that candidates are able and willing to make the significant time commitment that all Board members have made, serving on committees and attending meetings.
- Diversity: The Group will strive for diverse representation on the Board.
- References: Candidates shall submit a cover letter, application, resume, and references in the application for the Ninth Voting Member position.
- Interview: Three final candidates selected by the Group will be invited to be interviewed by the Group.
- Public Input: The public will be provided the opportunity to provide input on the three final candidates as identified by the Group, as well as their application materials.
For more information about the position and application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials can also be mailed to: HART Board Executive Officer, 1099 Alakea Street, Suite 1700, Honolulu, HI, 96813, and must be postmarked by September 8, 2021. All applicants must include their current mailing address and a daytime telephone number.