Under the general supervision of the Director of Construction Claims, Utility and Third Party Agreements, this position negotiates, drafts, and manages agreements with utilities and with third-party (largely government) agencies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafting, negotiating, and managing:
- Memoranda of Understanding with various departments within the State of Hawaii and the City and County of Honolulu.
- Agreements with private and public utilities, private landowners, developers, and non-profit entities.
- Agreements relating to easements and other construction.
- Managing outside counsel.
- Interfacing with Honolulu Corporation Counsel.
- Preparing written reports and verbally briefing HART management and the FTA.
- Applying city, state, and federal laws, ordinances, rules and regulations relating to construction and professional services contracts administration.
- Fostering working relationships with outside organizations and the public.
- Managing subordinate staff.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in business, engineering, construction management, or a related discipline.
- Exceptional drafting skills.
- Five years contract management experience.
- Imaginative and detail-driven.
Juris doctorate degree
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
$67,200.00 – $99,468.00 per year