Under general direction, performs a full range of advanced level professional duties involved in serving as senior technical expert for critical project control cost functions for assigned major projects and contracts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for a variety of project control support activities including those involving tracking, forecasting, and reporting project progress for cost and scope
- Serves as technical advisor to assigned project managers/directors related to project controls systems and procedures to achieve project goals
- Supervises and trains staff and project consultants
- Provides guidance and coordinates work activities with other project control staff assigned to assist in completing the required project tasks
- Coordinates activities with outside agencies, contractors, and consultants
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, construction management, or closely related field
- Six years project controls and reporting experience for large, complex projects
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Financial planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Federally Funded Project: 1 year (Preferred)
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid state driver’s license.
Required Knowledge of:
- Operational characteristics, services, and activities of a project control program area.
- General principles, practices, and procedures of business administration and public administration.
- Project control principles, practices, and procedures.
- Project management principles and practices.
- Public procurement practices and contract administration principles and practices.
- Financial accounting and work breakdown structure and its application to scope of project work.
- Principles and practices of project control techniques, budget preparation, and budget control/monitoring techniques.
- Project Management Information Systems.
- Principles and practices of record keeping and records management.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Partnering and negotiation principles and practices.
- Methods and techniques of data collection, research, and report preparation, statistical and financial analysis.
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical databases.
- Principles, practices, and procedures of leading programs/projects.
- Principles and practices of lead supervision and training.
Required Skill in:
- MS Office (MS Excel must be at the level of Expert or above).
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups, and the general public.
- Interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
- Utilizing project management and financial system software and computer systems including relational database systems (SQL skills are preferred), scheduling systems, computer estimating systems, and budget control monitoring systems.
- Applying appropriate oral and written communication techniques to various individuals ranging from Agency employees, the general public, elected officials, community leaders, and local, state, and federal agencies.
- Using technical concepts and general project management tools and techniques to effectively coordinate project control activities and functions and solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- Reviewing and evaluating change compared to contract terms.
- Preparing clear and concise analytical, administrative, and financial reports.
- Assisting with budget preparation and administration.
- Applying project management techniques and principles.
- Working cooperatively with other departments, Agency officials, and outside agencies.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
$67,200.00 – $99,468.00 per year