Under the supervision of the Deputy Director/Chief Operating Officer, serves in the dual capacity of The The position of Quality Assurance Specialist (QS) will report to & assist the Director of Quality Assurance The position of Quality Engineer (QE) will report to & assist the Director of Quality Assurance and Quality Controls (DQA) in implementing the Quality Management Plan (QMP) for Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART).
Duties & Responsibilities
The DQA, QE and all Quality Team members are responsible for maintaining and ensuring that the QMP meets the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements, and for ensuring the effective implementation of the QMP across the HART Quality Management System (QMS) through the execution of internal and external quality assurance audits, inspections and surveillances. In addition the QE will be responsible for reviewing and approving all consultant and contractor QAPs to assure they meet the requirements of HARTs QMP, the Project Management Plan, and FTA guidelines as set forth in the “Quality Management System Guidelines” October 2019. The subject QE position will provide substantive professional, technical and leadership assistance to the DQA in prescribing, applying, and assessing compliance with quality and contract requirements, with special attention to those which require engineering expertise.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred) – A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in an engineering specialty.
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate (Honolulu, HI) before starting work (Preferred)
Key characteristics and preferred skills for a QE:
- Self-starter possessing interpersonal communication skills with a leadership focus on team building across multiple disciplines
- Develop methods to inspect and measure product quality
- Create strategies to increase productivity and recommend changes to improve product quality and ensuring a culture of quality mindset focused on 100% first past quality (FPQ)
- Work with team members and stakeholders to enhance & ensure products meet company, customer and industry expectations and quality standards
- Identify problems and use systematic problem solving tools to develop temporary measures and permanent countermeasure solution
- Detailed and in-depth documenting of results and findings from inspections & surveillances
- Implement audit/review systems to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Demonstrated aptitude in solving highly technical problems using analytical, systematic problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Strong technical writing ability
- Skill in working with engineering and computer-assisted design software
- Expertise in computer technology and systems operations
- In-depth understanding of industry market trends and conditions
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
$55,200.00 – $64,620.00 a year
HART does not cover any relocation costs and does not allow any Telecommuting (Tele-work).