The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) is seeking a candidate to join the Quality Assurance and Quality Controls Team in implementing the Quality Management Plan (QMP) for Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART). The Quality Engineer (QE) will be involved in implementing, maintaining and ensuring that the QMP meets the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements, and for ensuring the effective implementation of the QMP across the HART Quality Management System (QMS) through the execution of internal and external quality assurance audits, inspections and surveillances. In addition the QE will be responsible for reviewing and approving all consultant and contractor Quality Assurance Plans (QAP) to assure they meet the requirements of HARTs QMP, the Project Management Plan, and FTA guidelines as set forth in the “Quality Management System Guidelines” October 2019. The subject QE position will provide substantive professional, technical and leadership assistance to the Director of Quality Assurance (DQA) in prescribing, applying, and assessing compliance with quality and contract requirements, with special attention to those which require engineering expertise.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in providing quality assurance oversight and monitoring for compliance of project engineering, procurements, construction, inspection, and testing activities, and government regulatory requirements within the QMP.
- Track and monitor corrective action records (CARs) identified through the corrective action system and in accordance with FTA requirements.
- Develop requirements, flow down and monitor the performance of quality audits as defined by the QMP.
- Create, deploy and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), both leading and lagging, to assure the HART QMP is driving the goal of 100% First Pass Quality (FPQ) of all processes and products provided.
- Document detailed and comprehensive reports of all problems, findings, observations and issues, work with other engineers and operators to solve and eliminate future occurrences.
- Participate in reviews of designs, contracts, and procurement documents to verify that quality management issues and characteristics have been included.
- Participate in the evaluation and disposition of non-conformances, deviations, and waivers involving the potential changes to design and quality requirements.
- Assist in the development and preparation of presentations related to any Quality Management System / Plan for recurring progress to plan meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field of study
- At least one year of demonstrated use of root cause corrective action, systematic problem solving, or related problem solving experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
This position is entitled to a comprehensive benefits package as provided by the City and County of Honolulu, including:
- Vacation – employees may earn 21 days per year, plus 13 holidays per year. Sick leave is also provided.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
Schedule and Location
The work of this position is conducted in the HART offices (no telecommuting allowed) during typical 8-hour shifts.
$52,000 – $60,000 annually
- In addition to a resume, this position requires an Employment Application to be submitted.
- A detailed position description and access to the application can be located on the HART website at HonoluluTransit.org.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs
- This position is not eligible for tele-working