Under the supervision of the Deputy Director/Chief Operating Officer, serves in the dual capacity of The The position of Quality Assurance Specialist (QS) will report to & assist the Director of Quality Assurance and Quality Controls (DQA) in implementing the Quality Management Plan (QMP) for Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART). The DQA, QS and other Quality Team members are responsible for maintaining and ensuring that the QMP meets the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements, and for ensuring the effective implementation of the QMP across the HART Quality Management System (QMS) through the execution of internal and external quality assurance audits, inspections and surveillances. In addition the QS will be responsible for assisting the Quality Engineer(s) (QE) with the reviews of all consultant and contractor QAPs to assure they meet the requirements of HARTs QMP, the Project Management Plan, and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) guidelines as set forth in the “Quality Management System Guidelines” October 2019. The subject position will provide professional and technical assistance to the DQA & QE(s) in developing, applying, and assessing compliance with quality and contract requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
Some of the duties and responsibilities, at the direction & discretion of the DQA & QE(s), will include:
- In coordination with the QE(s) develop and implement HART’s Third Party Inspection Oversight responsibilities to assure all regulatory requirements are completed appropriately.
- Assist in providing quality assurance oversight and monitoring for compliance of project engineering, procurements, construction, inspection, and testing activities, and government regulatory requirements with the QMP.
- Assist in the in the implementation of proactive processes that aim to prevent defects throughout the value stream of the QMP – Design, Plan, Build, Delivery and Maintenance.
- Track and monitor corrective action records (CARs) identified through the corrective action system and in accordance with FTA requirements.
- Assist in the development of requirements, flow down and monitor the performance of quality audits as defined by the QMP.
- Document detailed and comprehensive reports of all problems, findings, observations and issues, work with the QE(s) and operators to solve and eliminate future occurrences.
- Participate & assist in reviews of design, contract, and procurement documents to verify that quality management issues and characteristics have been included.
- Participate & assist in the evaluation and disposition of non-conformances, deviations, and waivers involving the potential changes to design and quality requirements.
- Assist in the analysis of quality data and the development & preparation of presentations related to any Quality Management System / Plan recurring and ad hoc progress to plan & FTA meetings.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate (Honolulu, HI) before starting work (Preferred)
Key characteristics and preferred skills for a QS:
- Ability to recommend changes to improve product quality and promote a culture of quality mindset focused on 100% First Pass Quality
- Strong leadership, time-management and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Work with team members and stakeholders to enhance products to meet customer expectations.
- Identify problems and use systematic problem solving tools to develop temporary measures and permanent countermeasure solution
- Attention to detail, with strong written and verbal & interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough understanding & usage of computer technology and systems operations
- Knowledge and usage of Process Control, Control Charts and Construction and/or Transit System Quality Controls.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
$51,024 – $62,136 a year
HART does not cover any relocation costs and does not allow any Telecommuting (Tele-work).