The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) is seeking an individual to serve as a Procurement & Specifications Specialist I to support the procurement and contract administration of HART. This position will be under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Procurement and Contract Administration and will have a wide range of responsibilities, primarily involving administrative duties of the procurement of goods, services, and construction, and the management of contracts.
HART is responsible for the design and construction of Honolulu’s rail transit system. This is the largest infrastructure project in the State and will be the nation’s first fully-automated commuter rail system. The environment is exciting, professional and fast-paced.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs required procedures to initiate procurement of professional services, construction, and commodities and services.
- Drafts, reviews, and finalizes specifications, contract agreements, special provisions, and exhibits (attachments) for procurement of technical commodities and services, professional services, and construction through advertised solicitations.
- Assists in receiving sealed bids, proposals, and statements of qualifications. In the case of bids, assists in the public opening.
- Documents the procurement history of each solicitation and ensures the solicitation folder is complete and accurate.
- Prepares weekly status reports of solicitations and contracts.
- Assists in processing contract changes and amendments, including compiling and routing documents for review and approvals.
- Assists in reviewing and auditing payment requests.
- Responsible for ensuring contract files are complete and accurate.
- Assists in the closeout of contracts, ensuring all contractual terms and conditions were met.
- Interfaces with other HART department staff in support of Project Managers to prepare documents for presentations to HART Executive Staff and HART Board as requested.
- Assists in responding to requests for information.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- College degree in business, finance, logistics or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of governmental procurement and/or contract administration experience is preferred but not required.
This position is entitled to a comprehensive benefits package as provided by the City and County of Honolulu, including:
- Vacation – employees may earn 21 days per year, plus 13 holidays per year. Sick leave is also provided.
- Health plans include medical, prescription drug, vision and dental.
- Retirement plan and deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development
- Flexible benefits plan
- Pre-tax benefit on transportation expenses
Schedule and Location
The work of this position is conducted in the HART offices (no telecommuting allowed) during typical 8-hour shifts.
$44,000 – $56,000 per year, commensurate with experience
- In addition to a resume, this position requires an Employment Application to be submitted.
- A detailed position description and access to the application can be located on the HART website at HonoluluTransit.org.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs
- This position is not eligible for tele-working