This position reports to the Deputy Director of Procurement and Contracts , who is responsible for all procurement and contract management and administration activities for HART.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position supervises subordinates engaged in the procurement functions and serves as point of contact between the Department of Budget and Fiscal Services and the Corporation Counsel on such matters.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Procurement: 1 year (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Required)
Training, Experience & Requirements
A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major work in business or public administration, marketing, economics or a related field and five years of progressively responsible professional experience in centralized purchasing and standards and specifications development activities, one of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
Substantive experience and knowledge of:
- Hawaii Public Procurement Code for Design Build, Design Bid Build Construction, Goods and Services, Professional Services, Small Purchase
- Federal requirements (Brooks Act, Buy America)
- Construction contracts and development of specifications, special provisions, schedule for design and./or construction procurements
- Procurement process specifications development, procurement methodology (selection of…), procurement scheduling (interface, FFGA requirements, sequencing, etc.), drafting and developing the solicitation documents that require in-depth knowledge of Procurement Code and Federal requirements
- Conducting Evaluation of Proposals.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
$75,588 – $99,468 a year