The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) is seeking a candidate to join the Business Solutions Team to support the growing number of applications that are used in the design and construction of the Honolulu rail transit system. The PMIS Analyst would be involved in implementing and maintaining capabilities in an Oracle cloud-hosted environment – Platform as a Service (PaaS). The PMIS Analyst will collaborate with others to translate business process automation and construction data requirements into solution designs. Solutions typically involve development of business process workflows, application integrations, and analytical dashboards. The PMIS Analyst will apply critical thinking and learn business analysis techniques to improve existing solutions. The PMIS Analyst will lead or participate in requirements discovery sessions, design, testing, development, deployment, and training phases of the software development lifecycle. The selected candidate will receive ample training and coaching while learning construction management business processes. This position provides substantial opportunity for career progression as a Project Management Information System’s Administrator.
HART is responsible for the design and construction of Honolulu’s rail transit system. This is the largest infrastructure project in the State and will be the nation’s first fully-automated commuter rail system. The environment is exciting, professional and fast-paced.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with dynamic stakeholder teams to design and improve business processes, critical performance, and program/project control requirements
- Make recommendations for process improvements and solution efficiencies
- Translate documented requirements into system configurations, software business process workflows and reporting metrics (workflows, data dictionaries, use cases, reports, dashboards, etc.)
- Work within existing software platforms to implement business solutions
- Use Web Services and programming to supplement out of the box application capabilities and support integrations
- Design, document and perform testing procedures for implemented solutions
- Develop test cases and facilitate User Acceptance Testing with stakeholders
- Develop supporting documentation (user guides, job aids, training materials, etc.)
- Develop and improve reports, dashboards, and KPIs in the PMIS
- Provide technical support for application issues and implemented solutions
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to learn how to support a commercial construction Project Management Information System (PMIS) and a passion for learning and refining technical skills while collaborating with a talented team of professionals.
- The candidate must be a self-motivated problem solver with the ability to work alone as well as in dynamic and collaborative team environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field of study
- At least one year of basic software development experience that includes SQL
- A firm understanding of information systems and databases
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
This position is entitled to a comprehensive benefits package as provided by the City and County of Honolulu, including:
- Vacation – employees may earn 21 days per year, plus 13 holidays per year. Sick leave is also provided.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
Schedule and Location
The work of this position is conducted in the HART offices (no telecommuting allowed) during typical 8-hour shifts.
$51,024 – $75,588 annually
- In addition to a resume, this position requires an Employment Application to be submitted.
- A detailed position description and access to the application can be located on the HART website at HonoluluTransit.org.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs
- This position is not eligible for tele-working