The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) is currently seeking a candidate to join the organization as an Information Technology Support Technician II. This position will provide instruction, information, and technical support for HART personnel in the use of data processing equipment, systems, and applications. The technician will also be required to install, configure, and remove system hardware and software; diagnose and resolve computer, peripheral, and network related issues; provide training to users on system procedures for a variety of computer applications; and assist with the scheduling, coordination, planning and relocation of information technology equipment.
HART is responsible for the design and construction of Honolulu’s rail transit system. This is the largest infrastructure project in the State of Hawaii and will be the nation’s first fully-automated commuter rail system. The environment is exciting, professional and fast-paced.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical information and assistance to HART staff for a variety of systems, data processing equipment, and applications.
- Provide training and assistance to users on computer hardware and operating systems. Conduct training for users in basic computer orientation, usage, and operation. Assist in the creation of instructions and guidelines for end-users detailing the proper use and maintenance of computer hardware and software.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and resolve system related issues (e.g. hardware, software, network, etc.). Perform issue diagnosis to determine possible resolution. Implement resolution or escalate the issue to higher level information technology personnel if a resolution cannot be found. Initiate vendor service calls for equipment/systems if issues are beyond their technical capabilities or responsibilities to resolve. Document user problems and resolutions.
- Facilitate the installation, configuration, and demobilization of information technology equipment (e.g. monitors, processors, printers, disk drives, etc.). Perform evaluation/testing of basic electrical and network connections to ensure computer, network and related equipment operability. Install, configure, and remove software (e.g. operating systems, applications, etc.) on equipment (e.g. laptops, desktops, cell phones, digital pads, etc.) and test for operability.
- Assist higher level information technology staff with the planning, coordination, scheduling and relocating of information technology equipment.
- Assist higher level information technology staff in performing related information technology duties including drafting procedures, gathering data for analysis, conducting feasibility studies, and participating in the new software release evaluations (e.g. stress testing, identifying problems, etc.). Assist in the review and evaluation of hardware and software problems and concerns; make recommendation to improve system and organizational operations.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Two years of specialized work experience involving the use of personal computers, peripheral equipment, and applications (e.g. word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheet, and data base.
This position is entitled to a comprehensive benefits package as provided by the City and County of Honolulu, including:
- Vacation – employees may earn 21 days per year, plus 13 holidays per year. Sick leave is also provided.
- Health plans include medical, prescription drug, vision and dental.
- Retirement plan and deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development
- Flexible benefits plan
- Pre-tax benefit on transportation expenses
Schedule and Location
The work of this position is conducted in the HART offices (no telecommuting allowed) during typical 8-hour shifts.
$44,388 – $52,368 annually
- In addition to a resume, this position requires an Employment Application to be submitted.
- A detailed position description and access to the application can be located on the HART website at HonoluluTransit.org.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs
- This position is not eligible for tele-working