The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) is responsible for the design and construction of Honolulu’s rail transit system. It is the largest infrastructure project in Hawaii and is the nation’s first fully-automated commuter rail system. It is an exciting time to be at HART, as the first half of the rail system recently opened to the public. Considerable work is in progress to extend the system past the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport to downtown Honolulu.
HART seeks a dedicated self-starter to join our Administrative Services team and perform a variety of selected human resources management assignments, of simple to moderate difficulty, according to specific procedures.
We encourage you to apply if you are detail-oriented, with a passion for supporting employees and ensuring compliance with human resources policies and procedures. The environment is exciting, professional, and fast-paced. Join our team, and contribute to the success of HART!
- Time Off – Employees earn up to 21 days per year for both vacation and sick leave.
- Holidays – 13 days a year; 14 days during election years.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision Care – Various health insurance plans are available, with the opportunity to elect a deduction of the premium, from your pay, before taxes.
- Group Life Insurance – No cost for eligible employees.
- Deferred Compensation Plan – Invest in your future and elect to defer part of your pre-tax income until retirement.
- Retirement Plan – Contributions for all new employees are deducted from their paycheck toward their retirement plan.
- Commuter Choice Pre-Tax Benefits – Employees may designate, as a pre-tax item, a monthly City parking fee or mass-transit alternatives that includes LOTMA and VanPool Hawaii. The cost for additional mass-transit alternatives such as a ride on TheBus or Skyline, the rail system, are complimentary benefits at HART.
- Training and Development – Numerous opportunities are available through City-sponsored training programs and training reimbursement policy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer new-hire onboarding processes, including orientation session, and ensuring all paperwork is completed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Participate in recruitment and selection programs by performing multiple related activities such as creating job postings, reviewing applications, and scheduling interviews.
- Issue and maintain employee safety and security articles such as identification badges and building access devices.
- Support an assortment of payroll processing activities.
- Read and interpret Civil Service rules, laws, and related reference materials.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Education – Equivalent to graduation from a regionally-accredited four year college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience – One year of professional human resources management work experience requiring some application of the principles, techniques, and concepts, or other responsible professional work experience which required substantial use of analytical skill and involved gathering, evaluating and analyzing facts and other pertinent information required to resolve problems and/or to determine and recommend appropriate courses of action; reading, comprehending, interpreting and evaluating technical subjects, analysis or proposals; applying problem solving methods and techniques, such as defining and analyzing problems, identifying alternative courses of action, using judgment in determining appropriate alternatives; and preparing clear and concise written reports and recommendations for action.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic-level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Schedule and Location
The work of this position is conducted in the HART offices (no telecommuting allowed) during typical 8-hour shifts.
$52,068.00 annually – $74,124.00 annually
- HART does not cover any relocation costs
- This position is not eligible for tele-working