The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) is responsible for the design and construction of Honolulu’s rail transit system. It is the largest infrastructure project in Hawaii and is the nation’s first fully-automated commuter rail system, so it is an exciting time to be at HART, as the first half of the rail system recently opened to the public. Considerable work is in progress to extend the system past the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport to downtown Honolulu.
HART seeks a dedicated self-starter to join our Project Controls team, as Fiscal Analyst II, in a role as the lead cost control analyst. Under direction of the Director of Project Controls, the position is responsible to track budget and expenditures for all phases of the project.
Get on board with HART if you are looking for a challenging opportunity in a professional and fast-paced environment!
HART is a part of the City and County of Honolulu, and its employees receive the full range of comprehensive benefits package, as provided by the City, and includes:
- Time Off – Employees earn up to 21 days per year for both vacation and sick leave.
- Holidays – 13 days per year and 14 days per year during an election year are observed.
- Health plans – Includes medical, prescription drug, vision, and dental benefits.
- Retirement and deferred compensation plans.
- Group life insurance.
- Flexible spending benefits plan.
- Training and development through City-sponsored training.
- Employee assistance program.
- Pre-tax benefit on transportation expenses.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages preparation of the monthly cost reports which track the Project’s budget, expenditures, and progress.
- Reviews financial information to correlate and analyze financial data, with respect to cost forecast, and determines the need for adjustments.
- Monitors contingency allocations for various contracts, and identify areas that need to be addressed, by analyzing and reporting trends to drive adjustments to the scope of work, design changes, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Project Cost Report and its timely and accurate distribution.
- Develops procedures and processes, for the project cost control, and certifies that data from the Project Management Information System (PMIS) is appropriately transferred to monthly cost reports and other cost analysis reports.
- Ensures that cost/financial data provided by the general engineering consultant’s (GEC) contract meets HART, City, and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements.
- Supervises subordinate cost analysis staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or a combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major work in public or business administration, accounting, economics or a closely related field.
- Four years of professional experience in management, financial, budgetary, economic or tax analysis work.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public and municipal finance; budget preparation and analysis; public administration; sources and uses of socio-economic information; research and statistical methods and techniques; laws and ordinances relating to City finances; basic economic theories and principles.
- Ability to gather and analyze legal, operational, statistical and financial data and reports; apply sound budgetary and fiscal theories and principles; develop and maintain effective budgetary control policies and establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others.
Work Schedule and Location
- Monday – Friday, 8-hour shift.
- The work for this position is conducted in the HART offices, located in Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. No telecommuting is allowed.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs. Must be able to reliably commute or relocate by first day of employment.
$68,556 – $97,560 annually