Duties & Responsibilities
This position will be located in the HART Core Systems department under the supervision of the Senior Project Officer and performs moderately difficult engineering work in the review and analysis of electrical designs, plans, and specifications related to the Honolulu Rail Transit Project for compliance with provisions of the contracts, design criteria, electrical code and agency standards. In addition, this position assists with the coordination and management of work activities among staff, consultants and local jurisdictions and provides installation and testing oversight.
Duties may include a variety of the following activities:
- Conducting construction site inspections and recording daily observations and findings.
- Identifying and resolving potential non-conformances for issuance of Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs).
- Assists in the review of electrical designs, plans and specifications submittals and assists higher-level engineers in review of plans and specifications for application and technical interpretation of the Electrical Code.
- Assists in the design and analysis of electrical systems specific for building and structures.
- Verifies accuracy of calculations, determinations and assumptions made as to requirements, loads and capacities.
- Researching construction cost and price data, assisting with analysis and preparing independent cost estimates.
- Investigating plans and specifications for contract requirements on requests for information (RFI).
- Assisting with data collection, analysis, and report preparation.
- Inputting data and/or documents associated with any of the above to the HART Unifier system.
- Other related duties to HART construction as assigned.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a four-year accredited college or university with major work in electrical engineering and two years of non-registered professional electrical engineering experience. Knowledge of principles and practices of electrical engineering, electrical mathematics, techniques and methods of designing electrical systems, provisions of National Electrical Code, functions and uses of materials and sources of engineering data Ability to prepare and review electrical plans and specifications, conduct field studies and research, analyze designs and verify computation accuracy, and deal effectively other project team members.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- 8 hour shift
$52,044 .00 – $77,100.00 per year
HART does not cover any relocation costs and does not allow any Telecommuting (Tele-work).