The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) is seeking a Director of Project Controls. This position oversees the duties of the Project Controls Department and provides the primary oversight for project planning, scheduling, cost management, performance measurement, document control and project reporting over the life of the project.
HART is responsible for the design and construction of Honolulu’s rail transit system. The construction of the rail system is the largest infrastructure project in the State and will be the nation’s first fully-automated commuter rail system. It is an exciting time to be at HART as the first half of the rail system will be opening to the public in the near future. HART is a part of the City and County of Honolulu and its employees receive the full range of City benefits. The environment is exciting, professional and fast-paced.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all project planning, scheduling, cost management, performance measurement, document control and project reporting matters.
- Advises management of potential cost or schedule risks and recommends corrective actions. Presents information in a manner that enables effective decision-making.
- Establishes and maintains project control policies and procedures and relevant Project Plans.
- Manages and provides operational direction to Project Controls staff.
- Holds project management teams accountable for accurate project reporting and decisions.
- Establishes and monitors key performance indicators and benchmarks for project performance.
- Oversees document control/records management to ensure the security, accessibility and coherence of all records related to the project.
- Oversees the preparation of project cost forecasts and leads the review and development of cost management, planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Applies risk and problem resolution techniques to determine and communicate the range of cost and schedule outcomes for the project.
- Identifies scope changes and related impacts to budget and schedule.
- Provides strategic guidance for all aspects of the project and identify best practice findings to reduce risks and maintain quality controls.
- Provides presentations and reports to HART internal and external stakeholders as required or requested.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, finance or another field directly relevant to the responsibilities of the position.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in project controls. Experience in rail transit preferred but not required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred but not required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office suite of applications).
This position is entitled to a comprehensive benefits package as provided by the City and County of Honolulu, including:
- Vacation – employees may earn 21 days per year, plus 13 holidays per year. Sick leave is also provided.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
Schedule and Location
The work of this position is conducted in the HART offices (no telecommuting allowed) during typical 8-hour shifts.
$108,000 – $170,000 annually
- In addition to a resume, this position requires an Employment Application to be submitted.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs
- This position is not eligible for tele-working