Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Construction Claims, Utilities and Third Party Contracts, manages construction claims identification, avoidance, defense, and prosecution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying, investigating, and evaluating claims against HART and claims which HART may make against other parties.
- Directing claims prosecution and defense.
- Acting as subject matter expert supporting HART executives and project management regarding claims prevention, defense, prosecution, and resolution.
- Conducting contract and claim analysis.
- Selecting and managing subject matter experts.
- Directing outside counsel.
- Interfacing with Honolulu Corporation Counsel.
- Supporting drafting of contracting officer decisions.
- Managing ADR and litigation prep.
- Managing contracts which support the Construction Claims function.
- Preparing written reports and verbally briefing HART management and the FTA..
- Managing subordinate staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in business, engineering, construction management, or a related discipline.
- Exceptional drafting skills.
- Contract management experience.
- Imaginative and detail-driven with an insatiable curiosity.
- Juris doctorate degree
- Construction claims and litigation experience
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
$67,200.00 – $99,468.00 per year
HART does not cover any relocation costs and does not allow any Telecommuting (Tele-work).