The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) is currently searching for an individual to serve as a Staff Assistant to support the HART Board of Directors – someone who is comfortable taking initiative and working independently. This position will be under the supervision of the HART Board Administrator, however will have direct interaction with members of HART’s Board and HART’s senior management. The Board Staff Assistant will have a wide range of responsibilities, primarily involving administrative support to the HART Board and its Committees.
HART is responsible for the design and construction of Honolulu’s rail transit system. This is the largest infrastructure project in the State and will be the nation’s first fully-automated commuter rail system. The environment is exciting, professional and fast-paced.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, assembles and distributes notices, agendas and other materials for Board and Committee meetings, including uploading materials onto the project website for public access, as needed.
- Works with the Board Administrator to coordinate Board and Committee meetings, including set up, break down, transportation, and other logistics.
- Interfaces with multimedia director and broadcast personnel for television production and recordings of Board and Committee meetings.
- Attends Board and Committee meetings; interfaces with Board members, senior management, members of the public, and other meeting attendees.
- Maintains official Board records, including actions and votes, policies, correspondence, resolutions, minutes, and other documents as required.
- Drafts meeting minutes and ensures integrity in reporting. Prepares and distributes correspondence and other documents.
- Assists in responding to requests for information.
- Other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma and 4 years of secretarial/clerical experience; or College degree and 2 years of secretarial/clerical experience. Preference is 2 years of working with a board of directors, commission and/or legislative body.
This position is entitled to a comprehensive benefits package as provided by the City and County of Honolulu, including:
- Vacation – employees may earn 21 days per year, plus 13 holidays per year. Sick leave is also provided.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
Schedule and Location
The work of this position is conducted in the HART offices (no telecommuting allowed) during typical 8-hour shifts.
$46,000 – $50,000 annually
- In addition to a resume, this position requires an Employment Application to be submitted.
- HART does not cover any relocation costs
- This position is not eligible for tele-working