HART is currently searching for an individual to serve as a Staff Assistant to support the HART Board of Directors – someone who is comfortable taking initiative and working independently. This position will be under the supervision of the HART Board Administrator, however will have direct interaction with members of HART’s Board and HART’s senior management. The Board Staff Assistant will have a wide range of responsibilities, primarily involving administrative support to the HART Board and its Committees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares, assembles and distributes notices, agendas and other materials for Board and Committee meetings. Coordinates the posting of Board and Committee agendas. Uploads notices, agendas, and other materials onto the project website for public access as needed.
- Coordinates the publication of government notices in newspapers.
- Works with the Board Administrator in coordinating Board or Committee meetings, including set up, break down, meeting room reservations, transportation, and other logistics. Staffs Board or Committee meetings as appropriate; takes minutes and records proceedings.
- Interfaces with multimedia director and broadcast personnel as necessary for television production of Board and Committee meetings.
- Staffs Board or Committee meetings as appropriate; interfaces with Board members, members of the public, and other meeting attendees.
- Maintains official Board records, including Board actions and votes, policies, correspondence, resolutions, minutes, and other documents as required.
- Drafts Board or Committee meeting minutes and ensures integrity in reporting.
- Sets up and maintains computer and hard copy files and other official records of Board and Committee actions. Insures documentation into the CMS and coordinates documentation onto the project website for public review.
- Searches files and records; extracts and summarizes information; and prepares summaries or reports as needed by the Board. Drafts Board or agency reports as required, including extraction and summarization of information.
Transmits notices of actions taken by the Board to appropriate parties; maintains files of minutes and other official records of the Board.
- Composes routine correspondence and prepares letters and other documents as directed by the Board Chair and other members. Ensures documentation of Board correspondence into CMS and provides copies of correspondence to appropriate HART staff.
- Assists in responding to requests for information from staff, Board members, or members of the public as required.
- May prepare travel request forms and statements of completed travel for Board members and obtains approval from appropriate parties; calculates per diem allowance for travel; makes hotel reservations; documents flight reservations, hotel bookings, and other receipts; maintains electronic files of travel requests and statements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma and 4 years of secretarial/clerical experience; or College degree and 2 years of secretarial/clerical experience. Preference is 2 years of working with a board of directors, commission and/or legislative body.
- Vacation: employees may earn 21 days per year, plus 13 holidays per year. Sick leave is also provided.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
Schedule and Location:
The work of this position is conducted in the HART offices (no telecommuting allowed) during typical 8-hour shifts.
$46,000 – $50,000 per year
HART does not cover any relocation costs and does not allow any Telecommuting (Tele-work).